Our favorite app of the week is Astronomy for Kids. We like this app because of its content, targetting children and young students. It might have a quite humble look&feel and a simple structure, but we’d like to show you that a good and/or useful content can make your app perform quite good.
Unlike some adults, it seems that young people are less reluctant to watch ad banners while browsing an app, so the CTR (click through rate = % of people clicking on ads) is normally higher if your app is targetting young people.
Also, those apps that offer an educational content will have a longer life after installed on a device. Their users will play these apps more than once in case they need to memorize the content, so ad impressions/downloads ratio will be higher.
So… keep in mind that you can make good money if you create more and more educational apps.
- Category: Educational
- Developer: Juan Beltra & Juan Hernan
- Platforms: Android, Windows Phone
- Design: Simple design combining text menus and text screen. Screens are improved a bit by using some pictures.
- Content: Very useful content. Straight to the point.
- Usability: Easy to use, based on plain menus with no more than 3 levels of depth.
If you are looking for astronomy basics and the science of the stars, Astronomy for Kids is your free app.
You can start by choosing one of the sections and enjoy Astronomy for Kids. Discover:
- The Universe
- And our Solar System: The Sun , Eight Planets, Asteroids, Comets, and more.